Sunday, July 21, 2013

The beginning of the end


As the saying goes, time flies when you’re having fun.  Wow, it is surreal that I only have 10 more days left in South Sudan.  Time has surely flown and I have definitely had a blast.   After accepting a new job as the youth and young adult coordinator for St. Paul the Apostle in Davenport, which I will start when I return to the States in August, I have been thinking a lot about my time here and my future when I return.  Mainly I have been thinking about how I have changed, what changes are permanent, and what changes were a result of being a part of a different culture and community. 

This also was intensified after reading the Pope’s new encyclical on faith, Lumen Fidei.  In it he talked about how faith changes your perspective on things and when you have faith, you see things completely different.  Same event, different perspective. 
  

Do you know what, change of plans.  I had plans to take a completely different perspective for this blog, but as I have been typing this, I have had two noises in the background.  One is rain.  Heavy rain.  The other is 4 little children playing basketball outside.  So, I’m off to play in the rain.  Faith is supposed to be fun and these children always have faith and hope and joy no matter what the circumstances are.  I hope and pray the joyful faith they have taught me stays with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment